Wednesday 23 January 2013

Review: MAC 181SE Mini Buffer brush

Hello everyone!
I desperately wanted to make a post, but uni and internship kept me busy and very tired, hence the delay.

 photo P6080316Mediumedited.jpg

I got this baby quite a few years ago(4 to be precise) and haven't stopped using it ever since. I wanted to get a kabuki brush for a long time but I wasn't really sure which brand to invest into. So when the MAC holiday collection kits came out, in 2009, I was really drawn into the Pinzapoppin'! kit and the price was great!
I really like the mini version, as I think the 182 buffer brush is too big to fit in all of my powder/highlighter containers.

It's got very dense bristles, which makes it ideal for diffusing colours and making them look more natural. I initially got it, because an MUA told me it's the best brush to use with MAC's MSFs. She was spot on! I never use another brush to apply them, as this makes highlighting seem so natural and effortless.

During the years, I've discovered more ways to use it. I find that it's perfect for buffing out too-strong contours, applying blush and even mineral powder! I now mostly use it to apply MSFs and/or to touch up with powder when I'm out as its size makes it PERFECT to put in your handbag! Last but not least, I want to mention that I haven't had that many problems with shedding, just a single hair here and there, but keep in mind that I've had this for 4 years!

All in all, this is a great investment and I would definitely repurchase, if I ever come across it again. I recommend this to anyone who likes small kabuki brushes as it can be so versatile!

Do you like kabuki brushes?

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. My beloved kabuki is the small one from MUFE that is the softest brush I have ever used. These brushes are so practical

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad you agree doll :) haven't tried the MUFE one yet, but I'll surely check it out :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Nice post! I prefer the large brushes.. I definitely love the mac products but i thing their brushes are kinda expensive..

    xoxo

    http://punto-de-la-moda.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are an investment but you get good quality brushes that last for ages! xxx

      Delete
  3. nice post my dear! i love mac products! i am already member of your blog! i would be very happy if you want to be member of my blog! www.beautywitholga.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  4. great review!

    i am greek too
    please take a look at my blog

    Lady-Pa

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this one..it looks like a small kabuki and for multiple uses...big ones are only for powder. Going to check on this surely honey!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pls do, it will make your life so much easier. it's multi purpose.
      apply blush, highlighter, blending, applying powder, AND it fits in your handbag :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I find kabuki brushes to be too big for my face, this one sounds excellent though! Really wish Mac would make permanent this brush or a similar one, judging from its shape it should be multi-functional, like you said ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure this will come in handy in a lot of ways. You can try a cheaper one to see if it suits you before MAC rerelease it :) xxx

      Delete